JESSICA L. STEINGARD
Phone: (780) 412-2704
Fax: (780) 423-8946
Preferred Areas of Practice
Estate Planning and Administration
Education & Background
BCom, University of Alberta, 2012
JD, University of Victoria, 2016
Called to the Alberta Bar 2017
Jessica obtained a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Alberta’s School of Business in 2012 and her Juris Doctor from the University of Victoria in 2016. She joined Ackroyd as an articling student in 2016 and was called to the Alberta Bar in 2017.
During law school, Jessica volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada, taking on the role of Program Co-ordinator in her third year. Jessica was also the co-Treasurer in 2014 for Aboriginal Awareness Camp, which is a University of Victoria Faculty of Law tradition for first-year law students that exposes them to the cultural traditions of the aboriginal communities in and around Victoria, BC. Jessica also volunteered with the University of Victoria chapter of Canadian Lawyers Abroad and the University of Victoria Faculty of Law Wellness Club.
Jessica’s practice focuses on aboriginal law, corporate, commercial, civil litigation, estate planning and administration, and real estate. Her main area of interest is helping local small businesses with their legal needs.
Professional Associations and Other Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Volunteer Lawyer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- William R. McIntyre Medal, University of Victoria Faculty of Law, 2016
- 3rd Place Team, Dentons Canada Negotiation Competition, University of Victoria, 2014
- Guild, Yule & Company Advocacy Scholarship, University of Victoria Faculty of Law, 2014
- Faculty of Law Access Scholarship, University of Victoria Faculty of Law, 2013
- Chancellor’s Citation, University of Alberta, 2008-2011