Joe joined Ackroyd LLP in September of 2015 as an articling student. Following his call to the Alberta Bar in May 2016, he continued on with the Ackroyd team as an associate lawyer.
Prior to joining Ackroyd LLP, Joe spent several years working in the Contracts and Risk Management Department at a large multinational engineering, procurement, and construction company. He brings this extensive experience in the construction industry to his law practice, where he focuses on energy and natural resource development, and construction and civil litigation. Joe also provides general legal services within these contexts to Alberta’s First Nations and Métis Settlements.
Outside of the office, Joe can be found playing golf, baseball and cheering on the Oilers (now that he is transplanted from Newfoundland & Labrador)
Preferred Areas of Practice
Education & Background
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2016
- LLB, University of New Brunswick, 2010
- BA, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2005
Professional Associations & Other Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Learning Group Facilitator, Legal Education Society of Alberta, CPLED, 2016-2017