Eric is an Associate at Ackroyd LLP working primarily in the area of Treaty Rights.
Eric practices mainly in the areas of Treaty and Aboriginal rights, First Nation self-governance and elections, and constitutional law and federalism.
In his spare time, Eric cycles, runs stairs and cross-country skis. He also likes coffee, dogs, coniferous trees, strong winds, and trudging through snow.
Preferred Areas of Practice
Education & Background
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2018
- LLM, University of Alberta, 2021
- JD (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2016
- BA (Political Science, with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2009
Professional Associations & Other Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)
- Sheldon M Chumir Memorial Essay Prize in Human Rights or Ethics in Government (2018) for the essay “Vindicating Treaty Rights”
- Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Award
- Honourable ND McDermid Graduate Scholarship
- Indigenous Graduate Award
- GE Trott Excellence in Law Endowment funded Graduate Research Assistantship
- Professor Trevor Anderson Prize in Jurisprudence
- Robert A Homme QC Memorial Scholarship in Law
- Eric AD McCuaig QC First Year Scholarship in the Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Law Entrance Scholarship
- Jimmy Condon Athletic Scholarship