Eric joined Ackroyd LLP in the summer of 2017 as an articling student. In addition to articling, he is completing his LLM thesis on the challenges of purposively fulfilling treaty promises through monetary settlements.
During law school, Eric worked as an LSAT prep seminar instructor, a research assistant, a Legal Writing Fellow, and a communications coordinator at the Centre for Constitutional Studies.
Eric’s main area of interest is Treaty rights and aspires to build a practice in Treaty rights, Aboriginal rights, First Nation self-governance, and constitutional law.
Outside of law, Eric enjoys being active outdoors, including hiking, cycling and cross-country skiing.
Preferred Areas of Practice
- Aboriginal Law
- Constitutional Law
Education & Background
- LLM Candidate, University of Alberta, 2016-Present
- JD (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2016
- BA (Political Science, with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2009
Professional Associations & Other Activities
- Student-at-Law, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)
- Volunteer Student-at-Law, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Award
- Honourable ND McDermid Graduate Scholarship
- Indigenous Graduate Award
- GE Trott Excellence in Law Endowment funded Graduate Research Assistantship
- Professor Trevor Anderson Prize in Jurisprudence
- Robert A Homme QC Memorial Scholarship in Law
- Eric AD McCuaig QC First Year Scholarship in the Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Law Entrance Scholarship
- Jimmy Condon Athletic Scholarship
- University of Alberta Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Faculty of Arts Academic Excellence Scholarship