Jessica joined Ackroyd LLP as an articling student in 2016. She is excited to continue to build her practice as part of the team as an associate.
Jessica’s practice is focussed on business law. Her main area of interest is helping local small businesses with their legal needs. Jessica also practices in the area of Aboriginal law, providing business law advice to Aboriginal companies and communities. As well, she carries on a civil litigation practice, with an emphasis in employment, and a wills and estates law practice.
In her spare time, Jessica enjoys being outside, watching movies, and being as creative as possible. She is an active member of her church, volunteering as a Senior High Youth Leader and occasional barista.
Preferred Areas of Practice
Education & Background
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2017
- JD, University of Victoria, 2016
- BCom (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2012
Professional Associations & Other Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- William R. McIntyre Medal, University of Victoria Faculty of Law, 2016
- 3rd Place Team, Dentons Canada Negotiation Competition, University of Victoria, 2014
- Guild, Yule & Company Advocacy Scholarship, University of Victoria Faculty of Law, 2014
- Faculty of Law Access Scholarship, University of Victoria Faculty of Law, 2013
- Chancellor’s Citation, University of Alberta, 2008-2011