Sherry joined the Ackroyd team in January 2016 and carries on a growing wills and estates practice.
Sherry diligently assists her clients with their estate planning needs. She works with personal representatives of estates to assist with administering estates in an efficient manner while minimizing the personal representative’s exposure to personal liability. Sherry also assists clients with real estate, corporate, and Aboriginal law matters.
Outside of the office, Sherry enjoys hiking, baking, travelling and practising her golf swing.
Education & Background
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2014
- JD, University of Alberta, 2012
- BSc (Psychology specialization with Industrial Internship Program, with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2005
Professional Associations & Other Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Volunteer Lawyer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- National winner of the Canadian Client Consultation Competition, 2012