Steven joined Ackroyd LLP in the summer of 2018 as an articling student. He was born and raised in the bustling metropolis that is the Hamlet of Jasmin, Saskatchewan. Steven moved to Alberta in 2015.
During law school, Steven developed a passion for advocacy. He also spent time volunteering with the Edmonton Community Legal Centre in the Family Advice Clinic. He plans to gain experience in a range of practice areas during his articling year. He enters the profession with an interest in family law, employment law, civil litigation, administrative law, and Aboriginal law, among others.
Outside of the office, when Steven isn’t on the phone with family, his hobbies include listening to podcasts, reading, travelling the world, astronomy, watching soccer, and Formula 1 racing. Steven also likes to keep active at the gym and tries to find time to play a round or two of golf.
Education & Background
- JD, University of Alberta, 2018
- BBA, (Finance, with Distinction), 2015
Professional Associations & Other Activities
- Student-at-Law, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)
- The Law Class of 1968 Bursary, 2017
- The Harry A. Friedman Memorial Bursary, 2016
- Academic Silver Scholarship, 2014
- D. E. and M. W. Cuddington Scholarship, 2014
- Centennial Merit Scholarship, 2011