Gurjit Sohal joined Ackroyd LLP as an Associate in April 2023 and maintains a general litigation practice.
Gurjit was born in the Okanagan prior to relocating to Surrey, British Columbia where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree at Simon Fraser University before she went on to receive her Juris Doctor from Bond University. Passionate about promoting access to justice, while attending law school Gurjit provided pro bono legal services as a member of the Robina Community Legal Centre.
Gurjit has experience practicing primarily in family law, civil litigation, wills and estates, employment and human rights law.
Gurjit has appeared before various levels of court and administrative tribunals in British Columbia for contested court applications and trials at the Provincial and Supreme Court of British Columbia. Gurjit approaches each of her client’s matters with a practical approach seeking the best possible outcome for her clients.
In her spare time, Gurjit enjoys spending time with family and friends, travelling, watching sports, and reading.
Gurjit is fluent in Punjabi and conversant in Hindi.
Education & Background
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2023
- Called to the BC Bar, 2020
- JD, Bond University, 2018
- BA, Simon Fraser University, 2015
Professional Associations & Other Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Former Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of Edmonton
- Member, Alberta Expropriation Association