Ifeoma completed a Master of Laws degree at the University of Alberta in 2007. She joined Ackroyd LLP as an articling student in 2012 and we are proud to have her on our team as an associate.
Before arriving in Canada in the fall of 2005, Ifeoma was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2003 and worked as an associate at a business law firm in Lagos, Nigeria. Ifeoma gained practical experience in corporate and commercial law, banking law, securities law, and commercial litigation while working in Nigeria.
Prior to articling with Ackroyd LLP, Ifeoma worked in various positions at ATB Financial, including as a regulatory compliance specialist at ATB Financials’ corporate office in Edmonton. Her strong commercial and banking background lends itself well to Ifeoma’s business law practice. Ifeoma also carries on a large regulatory and environmental law practice, including litigation. She represents landowners before various regulatory boards, including the Alberta Utilities Commission, the Alberta Energy Regulator, and the Surface Rights Board, as well as all levels of Courts in Alberta.
In her spare time, Ifeoma volunteers as a member of the Board of the Derrick Skating Club, Edmonton and can be found running after her four children, including one set of twins!
Preferred Areas of Practice
Education & Background
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2013
- CRM, Global Risk Management Institute (GRMI) and Risk Management Society (RIMS) (AB), 2011
- LLM, University of Alberta, 2007
- Called to the Nigerian Bar, 2003
Professional Associations & Other Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta) (CBA Executive Member – Environmental Law Section)
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association (Inactive)
- CPLED Instructor (Interviewing and Advising – Learning Exercises), Legal Education Society of Alberta, 2013
- Volunteer Lawyer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta